Social media is essential for increasing the number of visitors to your website, as well as for increasing the overall ranking of your wordpress site. To utilize the full power of social media you need to integrate wordpress with popular social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. Main motive is to increase traffic, brand awareness and boost the visibility of your website and social media is the best platform for it.
Here are several social integration tips that will certainly help making your wordpress social friendly. Below are the suggestions and suggested plugins which personally I had used and will recommend to use for a wordpress site.
- Social Login Plugin for wordpress: To provide more ease to visitors for signing-in or signing up, i recommend social login as everyone socialises and generally are logged in. So it would be convenient for them signing-up or logging-in with their social accounts. They just have to authorize and that’s it, no password is required. Make sure every social provider is supported and i personally recommend to not use more than 5 social providers as it may make registration form clumsy.
- Social Sharing Plugin for wordpress: If you are a blogger or woocommerce based ecommerce site then it is recommended for you as it will allow your visitors to share your content or product . I personally love this plugin as i had been using it with my previous websites and everything was smooth. Sharing a content or product increases its reach, hence more exposure and may be a conversion.
- Social Media Follow Buttons: They are recommended for everyone. A piece of widget which is linked to all your social profile. Users can directly click on social icon and like/follow you on particular social network. It provides ease of following without going to social site and searching , in some cases it takes directly to their page where you can follow them.
- Social Commenting Plugin: Generally commenting process on any website is quite lengthy . You have to fill a form first with your name, email, Website and then your message then a captcha code. Once you fill up everything and submit your comment, it may be held for moderation and who knows when admin will approve your comment. Social Commenting allows you to comment using your social profile. Generally webmasters use facebook comment plugin and is recommended as it brings more traffic to your blog.
- Personalized Badge: Give personalized badges to most active users of your site for sharing it on their social media as a token of pride. As a result user’s influencers will also start contributing to your website, hence more traffic.